About the event
Women in Policing will take place online and in London on Thursday, 7th October 2021.
About Women in Policing
Despite a steady rise in the number of women in policing over the past decade, the number of women in senior leadership ranks remains low. There is certainly some way to go to achieve gender balanced leadership teams that are truly representative of the populations they serve.
Now in it's fifth year, Women in Policing seeks to provide current and future leaders with the skills needed to correct this imbalance. The unique conference explores the role of women in policing and offers practical advice and coaching on how to further develop your career in times of change. We will discuss together how we can manage the challenges of modern leadership and help ensure we don't lose momentum in recognising and rewarding female leaders in policing.
2021 delegates will have the option of attending in-person in London or online. Any social-distancing requirements necessary at the time will be in place at the London venue, with the safety of delegates and speakers at the heart of the day.
All delegates will have access to the Women in Policing online event platform, which will enable you to explore on-demand materials prior to the event and on event day, to supplement your learning experience and help you focus on the topics most relevant to you.
For questions related to the online event experience, please visit the dedicated page here.
- Examine the barriers currently facing female leaders (and future leaders) in policing and hear how to overcome them
- Understand when and how gender plays a role in both organisational and personal advancement
- Learn how successful women negotiate for what they need to be effective leaders
- Gain a deeper understanding of the skills, qualities and attributes needed to be a successful leader
- Raise the visibility of women as senior leaders in policing
- Create a lasting network of women leaders across the sector who are effecting change in policing
2020 speakers included:
- Christine Elliott, Chair, College of Policing
- Lisa Hogan, Superintendent, Cumbria Constabulary & Co-Chair of Cumbria’s Women in Policing Group
- Katherine Chowdry, Talent Manager, People and Culture, British Transport Police
- Lisa Gore, Chief Inspector, South Wales Police
- Cath Baxter, Professional Voice and Public Speaking Consultant & former Head of Voice, Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts
- Peter Joyce, Visiting Professor of Criminology, Wrexham Glyndwr University
- Laura Bates, Founder, Everyday Sexism Project
- Dr Wendy Laverick, Senior Lecturer in Criminology and Policing, University of Hull
- Jo Channon, Professionalism, Learning and Improvement Lead, British Transport Police
Registrations for the Women in Policing conference in London can be made here.
1 Place £295 (+VAT)
4+ Places £250 each (+VAT)
1 Place £695 (+VAT)